What Information We Collect
CredoSense collects information about you only if it has a customer-oriented reason to do so — for example, for marketing, to receive payments (we don’t store credit card information), to offer better services, or to communicate with you. We collect information in two ways: when you provide information to us and automatically when you visit our website. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It is probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depend on the context and how we use the information. Usually, you provide information to us in three ways: a) when you sign up for our newsletter; b) when you communicate with us; and c) when you purchase from us.
We collect your name and email address when you sign up for our newsletter. You may provide us with more information—such as your address and other information you want to share— but we do not specifically request that information. You may provide information when you communicate with us (for example, for customer services or product/price related queries) via form, email, phone, or otherwise; we store a copy of our communications (including any call recordings as permitted by applicable law). You may also provide information via transaction and billing information. If you buy a product from us, you need to provide us your personal (name, address, phone number) and payment information to process the transaction and shipping; we store a copy of this information (not the credit card information).
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our website, we collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that devices, web browsers, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP (internet protocol) address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, referring/exit pages, possibly number of clicks, and network information. This information is not linked to any personally identifiable information. We collect the data for analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering approximate demographic information.
How And Why We Use Information?
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above for the purposes listed below:
- To fulfill an order (transaction and shipping).
- To further develop and improve our products/services — for example by adding new features that we think might be useful for our users.
- To send the requested product/service information.
- To send product updates and warranty information (if there is any change).
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and activities and protect the rights and property of CredoSense.
- To improve our website and marketing efforts.
- To gauge and enhance the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition.
- To communicate with customers (or potential customers), for example through emails, about offers and promotions offered by CredoSense, which we think might be of interest to the customers, or to solicit customer feedback.
Legal Basis For Collection & Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you; or (2) The use is required for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information—for example, to provide and update our products/services; to improve our products/services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our products/services; to communicate with you; to measure and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; to understand our user retention and attrition, and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent — for example, before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental requests.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of CredoSense, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose your information with your consent or at your direction to third parties or on our website (primarily as testimonials). Search engines may also index publicly shared information (e.g., on our website) or used by third parties. Please keep this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our products/services to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it (as described in previous sections), and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our products/services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several options available when it comes to information about you. If you want to limit the information you provide, you may choose not to give the optional information. If you do not wish to share your precise location, you can turn the location service off via your device’s operating system. You can also choose to disable cookies through your browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, please check with the browsers’ respective websites. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications related to the product (updates, warranty) and legal notices.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), data protection laws give you rights concerning your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request the portability of your personal data.
You can easily access, correct, or delete your personal data just by contacting us. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers & Responsible Companies
CredoSense operates worldwide. Depending on the products/services you use, more than one company may be the controller of your personal data. Generally, the “controller” is the company that entered into the contract with you under the Terms of Service for the product or service you use. Besides, CredoSense Inc., our Canada-based company, is the controller for some of the processing activities across all of our products/services worldwide.
Other Things You Should Know
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity. CredoSense does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately, and we will make our best efforts to remove such information from our records promptly.
How to Reach Us